Goals of the Project Plaza of the Columns Complex
Our project focuses on two areas of Teotihuacan — the Plaza of the Columns and the Plaza North of the Sun Pyramid — in order to complete the following main objectives:
- Explore and excavate strategic areas in the Plaza of the Columns and the Plaza North of the Sun Pyramid.
- Record and recover materials from diverse contexts for analysis.
- Analyze the recovered archaeological materials (artifacts, ecofacts, structures, and features).
- Integrate information obtained from analyses of recovered materials to understand the economic, political, and ritual activities that sustained the ancient city of Teotihuacan.
- Define what kind of government existed at Teotihuacan and how it and the core urban center developed over time.
Goals of this Website
We created this website to enhance dialogue between project members and the public in order to report current findings and to demonstrate the archaeological methods we employ as we conduct excavations at the Plaza of the Columns and the Plaza North of the Sun Pyramid at Teotihuacan.
We also want to introduce some of our team members and highlight the merits they bring to this interdisciplinary and collaborative project.
We hope you can share our excitement as we update you with the latest discoveries and information coming from the project on a regular basis. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to get in touch with us.